The 2023 show was a huge success!!! Thanks to the planning committee, to all the volunteers, and to everyone who participated in such a memorable weekend!
The Hawkeye Flying Association's Annual Meeting and Fly Tying Show is typically held in the early spring. In addition to presentations, there are vendors, fly tying presentations and demonstrations, and guides. A live auction, silent auction, raffles and Saturday evening banquet help raise funds for Iowa stream conservation work.
2023 Annual Meeting & Show: March 10-12
- Expert presentations on Coldwater and Warmwater fly fishing
- Destination fishing trip presentations
- Auction and raffle items
- Non-profit organizations
- Free casting lessons for kids and adults
- Signature fly tyer demonstrations
- Trout, Musky, Carp and more
- See all the details
FFA Enrichment Center
1055 SW Prairie Trail Parkway
- On the north side of the Des Moines Area Community College campus
- Lots of parking, easy access
EXPERT PRESENTATIONS ON COLDWATER AND WARMWATER FLY FISHING
- Matt Supinski
- Pat Dorsey
- John Van Vliet, author of Trout Fishing in Northeast Iowa
- Zack Pope, TroutRoutes
RAFFLES AND DRAWINGS
- Grand Prize
- Silent auction, bucket raffles
- Find many fishy items
Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at the show:
- Bucket Raffle - $1 each or 25 tickets for $20
- Grand Prize Raffle - $5 each or 25 tickets for $$20
Note: Raffle tickets are included in the Preregistration Special Ticket ($100) - see the registration form for details.
2402 SE Tones Drive
- Call 515-963-9500 and reserve a room in the Fly Fishing Show block
- Show rate: $109.95/night
REGISTRATION FEES & INFO
- Preregistration Special Ticket ($100)
- Includes one individual weekend admission to the show, 1 Banquet Ticket, 5 Grand Prize tickets, 100 bucket raffle tickets - a $130 value. Must be purchased online by March 1. NOT available at the door!
- Friday Family Night Only ($10/family)
- Friday-Sunday, Individual ($20/person)
- Friday-Sunday, Family ($30/family)
The only food offered onsite will be the Business Lunch and the Banquet, both on Saturday. These meals must be ordered online by March 1. Meals are not available for purchase at the door.
- HFFA Business Meeting Lunch Tickets ($15/person)
- Saturday Noon, includes: Big Club sandwich, chips, pasta salad, fruit & cookie. NOTE: Business Meeting lunch ticket is NOT included in the Preregistration Special
- HFFA Banquet Ticket ($30/person)
- Saturday Evening Banquet Buffet: Entrée choices of Carved Beef Tri-tip or Chicken Spiedini, Twice baked potato casserole, Cheesy corn, Fall salad (Romaine, strawberries, pecans), Dessert bars.
Who We Are
Hawkeye Fly Fishing Association (HFFA) holds events and provides resources for people interested in fly fishing, fly tying and fish habitat conservation. We are an Iowa-based affiliate of Fly Fishers International.
Would you like to support the mission of Hawkeye Fly Fishing Association? Please consider becoming a member or making a donation.